Difference between Affiliate Marketing and Google AdSense
When do we think about Affiliate marketing the first thing that comes to mind is, Affiliate or AdSense? Well, both these platforms are almost the same but it has some differences. Let us first look in detail what Affiliate marketing and Google AdSense are.
Affiliate marketing is a marketing model where the advertiser pays commissions to the publisher or affiliates who advertise their products by blogging or other means and gets new customers for the advertiser.
Google AdSense is a service by Google that allows advertisers to place ads. It is for publishers who display targeted ads in the form of text, video or image and earns money when the customer or visitor clicks the ad. Google AdSense is considered to be the best pay per click program since it has been started by Google and it can be trusted.
The basic difference between the two is that, in Affiliate, when the customer clicks on the ad and buys the product, you get paid whereas, in AdSense, whether the customer buys the product or no, you still get paid when the customer clicks on the ad.
Five major benefits of Affiliate marketing:
- It allows you to make money even when you are sleeping. All you have to do is set up a blog, sales funnel, drive targeted visitors and promote the right products. It is a passive income source for many publishers and bloggers. You don’t have to beg to people to buy the product, an attractive ad, the right product will make them buy it, and you can earn money even while you are fast asleep.
- Once you build the trust, money will come automatically. Many bloggers earn from affiliate because they build the trust from their customers that buy what they recommend. By this, you also get recognition and there are people who trust you and will visit your blog again. In AdSense, once they click on the ad they are directed to another website and they never come back to your blog.
- In Affiliate marketing, you do not need huge traffic. Even with thousand people visiting your site, you can make a decent amount of money and also add value to your customers by recommending them the right products.
- The best part about Affiliate marketing is that you can recommend the right products. AdSense gives you some restrictions when it comes to choosing products and targeting audience. In affiliate, you can promote the relevant products that suit your audience and increase clicks.
- In affiliate marketing, you are your own boss. You don’t need anyone’s permission for placing an ad. Whereas, in AdSense, you have to wait for Google to approve it and then only you can make money. Sometimes Google even bans if you violate their rules.
There are many more benefits of Affiliate marketing. To know more read our blog on “Benefits of Affiliate Marketing”.
Five major benefits of Google AdSense:
- Google AdSense is known as the fastest way to make money online. Whereas affiliate takes a lot of time. Within a month or two, you can make decent money from AdSense without having online marketing skills. It is the quickest and reliable source if you are able to drive enough visitors from search engines to your site.
- For making profits from AdSense, all you need is to get a decent amount of traffic from search engines to your site. You do not need any expertise in building online. Many bloggers and publishers have earned a lot of money from AdSense without any past experience or expert in this field.
- The best part about AdSense is that Google takes care of everything, and by everything, I mean even products. You do not need perfect products for promotion. Once your account is approved by Google, you can choose relevant ads that can be placed on your blog and earn AdSense points.
- If you manage to get traffic from Google by using right keywords and creating appropriate content, you can drive targeted visitors to your site from search engines and your AdSense earnings will increase. By this way, you can earn a lot of money. This is why AdSense is known to be number one passive income source.
- If you have good control over language and can create amazing content, you don’t need any other special skills for AdSense. Many bloggers launch news sites and make a good amount of money from AdSense. Just manage to get traffic and earn AdSense points. Also, make sure that you don’t just make content for AdSense and money but also pay attention to your audience.
Points of comparison
- AdSense is based on the number of clicks whereas; affiliate is based on the number of sales gathered.
- AdSense does not allow you to choose products. Google automatically detects products based on your website. In affiliate marketing, you can choose what products you want to promote and which company to choose.
- In affiliate, you can choose as many companies as you want and register with all of them. There is no limit on the number of registrations. With AdSense, you can only register once.
- AdSense is very strict when it comes to approving ads. It takes a lot of time to approve the ad. They have very strict rules and if you violate any of them, your ad is not approved. Affiliate marketing has very lenient rules and they are not as strict as Google because here the companies want more sales from the affiliates.
If you have a decent amount of traffic on your blog, then you can make money easily. Google AdSense and Affiliate marketing, both are widely used by many bloggers. If you have just started then focus on getting search engines attention and make money using AdSense. Once you have money, build your own recommendations and use affiliate marketing too.
To get the best digital marketing services in Mumbai visit: www.webtraffic.agency.
February 16, 2018
February 16, 2018
February 15, 2018